Thursday, May 14, 2009

Exercise and Weight Loss

So I get up this morning with plans to hop on the bike and ride for about 30 min before getting back home to make breakfast for girls and get ready for work. Doing something I vowed not to do I snoozed the alarm clock so was already running late. No time for a decent ride, I figure lets work on something I have been wanting to practice for a while. Jump rope. I know it takes a bit of skill and coordination but with practice i should be able to get it down. After about 10 minutes of awkwardness I was able to successfully jump that evil rope 25 times with out tripping. I think i will dedicate 5 minutes every morning after my ride/run or whatever to fine tuning this skill. Knowing that 15 min was not enough to count as a workout so I busted out a quick 1 mile run just to make me feel better about my morning.

185.....That is the magic number I set as my weight loss goal. For this run I started at 198. I have been bouncing around between 194 and 198 for a month or two and ready to see some more loss. Currently I am at 193. Several Colleagues and myself are in a competition based on % of loss. It is only for 1 month. We started on May 1st and it will end on June 1st. So far I have lost about 2 pounds a week which is a pretty healthy number. If i can continue that I should end up around 190 hopefully 189 by competition end. This will be the first time I have seen that weight since I blew past it about 9 years ago. I allowed myself to bloat up to a staggering 235+ before deciding to make a change. The + is there because I don't really know what my true weight was, 235 was when I quit weighing.

But since then I am down 40 pounds or so and am looking to drop about 10 more then I will reassess. Back to the challenge, there is a slight problem. It ends on June 1st. Well on May 21st my Family and some Friends are going on a vacation to Orange Beach AL. We will come back on the 25th. Vacation=fun, sun, some drinking and LOTS of eating. So 5 days left after that not to try and drop more last minute weight but to get back to where I will be going into the vacation. Fingers crossed about 190. Good news they have gym facilities on location. Bad news I don't fair well out of town. I will need to get out of the vacation mind set and remember my goals. That means rolling out of bed and hitting the treadmill or running around the property since I don't think splashing around the pool counts as swimming. I am going in with the expectation of returning home with a minimal gain. 2 pounds max.

No comments:

Post a Comment