Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The First One is Free.........

The second box will cost ya!

On our vacation a few weeks ago we stopped at the local grocery to pickup a few things. As we so often do we like to look around to see what "real" grocery stores offer because we just don't have any good ones around the house. As we check out the deli section the nice Baker behind the counter decides to offer the kids a cookie and of course they accepted. Was a little upset about it not because I didn't want them to have a cookie but why couldn't I have one. Oh well. Now every time I take my 2 year old to the store with me she goes crazy to get to these deli counters. Jonesing for that cookie I suppose. Not just the counters with the baked goods. She expects it from the Butcher and the plate lunch counter. Thanks nice deli guy. Now I am buying cookies every time I have the kids with me.


I am also going to have to give props to the stores who invest the few hundred bucks and get the kid friendly carts in the store. Although not always as easy to drive they do tend to distract kids long enough to actually get everything on the list. Again coming back to my local grocery store (no cool carts) my 2 yr old now thinks that every place has them. I have tried to sit and have a rational conversation with my daughter and explain to her that no matter how many buggies she pulls out, none of them will have the cool car attached. It didn't sink in.

So after finally getting her away from the carts and the counters I successfully failed to get everything I need and had to catch the looks from everyone in the store as my child yelled the entire time. Lesson learned. She doesn't get to go back to the store till she is 4. Yeah I know, we will see.

1 comment:

  1. Patrick does the same exact thing. It's best that we go to either "Krogert," as he calls it, or Lowes. Both of them have cars he can drive while we shop.

    Just this past Sunday we had to go to Wal-Mart for something, and he threw a screaming fit when he learned they didn't have cars. I've gotten used to the stares.

    ReplyDelete