Friday, July 16, 2010

Legend of O.T.


70 + or - years, 1 lung, and a new shiny knee. What do these add up to? Three losses on the racquetball court to (wait for it) a man that is around 70 years old, has one lung and a complete knee replacement. It was hard to tote such a beating. The closest I came to winning was 5 points. I see O.T. at the gym every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and all he plays r-ball(slang for racquetball). Well today I was abandoned by my posse so without the usual motivation I managed to make it to the gym anyway. I planed on or shall I say dreaded a long slow run on the trace. Once I got to the gym I ran into O.T. and he was telling me how he didn't lose a game today and then told me how he didn't play any either. Partly because we were 2 of the 6 or so people at the gym. So he and I chat a bit as we get ready and he was telling me his weekend plans of going to the coast and trying his luck. I wish him luck start toward a run that I know will be tough since I have no one to chase, cause I am the slowest of the group. Except for Richard but he doesn't count because he doesn't run. Anyway I look back and see these puppy dog like eyes glaring at me and decide to ask him if he would like to play a couple of games. Man he perked up and said "you beth ya". Little did I know I was going to get taken behind the woodshed. I knew he had some game, but seriously! I though if anything I could just out run him on the court and I did. He took very few steps partly because he can't and mostly because he didn't have to. I on the other hand was all over the place slamming into walls and doing everything I could to return a shot. I could tell he was reveling in his victories and even if I could have beat him would I have taken that from him? HELL YEAH!!!! But I will wait for our next match and try to regain some esteem on the court or I will just play Richard on Tuesday.



Oh by the way, not me in the pic but that is how I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment